San Diego’s Oldest Running Tradition!
The Balboa Park 8 Miler is the longest consecutively run race in San Diego (67 years old!) and the only one that offers a full tour of Balboa Park! The race will start and finish in the Pan American Plaza, located in front of the San Diego Hall of Champions. Participants will enjoy a unique and challenging route through Balboa Park’s scenic landmarks, trails, bridges and windy roads! Check out the full course map to see all the unique landmarks runners will pass during the race!
- Current Pricing – SDTC Members: $60/Non-SDTC Members: $65
- Race Day – SDTC Members: $65/Non-SDTC Members: $70 (if available)
All Participants Receive:
- Official Chip Timed Results
- Official Balboa Park 8 Mile Shirt
- Custom Finisher’s Medal
Race Day Schedule:
6:00AM – Race day packet pick-up
7:00AM – Official Start Time
9:00AM – Awards Ceremony
Parking and Start Line Information
Start Line Address: Air & Space Museum Parking Lot – 2001 Pan American Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
Parking: Parking is free! There are three parking lots near the start line at the Air & Space Museum:
- Organ Pavilion Parking Lot: Typically at capacity by 6:15a
- Palisades Parking Lot: Typically at capacity by 6:30a
- Inspiration Point Parking Lot: Overflow parking and will not fill up!
- Check out our parking map for more on the parking lots HERE.
- Important: Start line closes at 7:10AM. All participants must be in the start corral before 7:10AM.
Prizes & Awards:
All Balboa Park 8 Mile finishers will receive a custom medal. Additionally we will present age group awards to the following categories (male & female): top 3 overall, 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+.
Note: Top 3 overall Male & Female winners will be based on gun time (first to cross the finish line). All Age-Group winners will be based on chip time.
Early Packet Pick-Up
Date: Thursday, August 5th or Friday, August 6th
Time: 3p – 7p (Friday will open at 2p)
Location: Road Runner Sports, 5553 Copley Dr, San Diego, CA 92111. In the ‘Dog House’ within the store.
Note: You can pick-up the participant goods for another person as long as you must have a copy of their photo ID (photos on a phone work great).
Participant Need to Knows:
Each participant must agree that he/she will complete the Balboa Park 8 Miler within the two (2) hour time limit. All participants must maintain a 15 minute per mile pace or faster. If a participant cannot maintain the minimum pace they will be asked to step off the course for their own safety.